Medical Education Foundation of ACOOG
Are you looking for a new way to be involved? Do you enjoy developing innovative educational programs or social philanthropy? Being a MEFACOOG Board Member could be for you! MEFACOOG volunteer leaders can be physicians, educators, non-physician clinicians, spouses/family of ACOOG members, health care industry supporters….anyone with a passion for women’s health!
Several positions will be open for nomination this year and we need your expertise. The MEFACOOG Board of Trustees meets two-three times per year. The primary, in-person meeting of the MEFACOOG Board coincides with the ACOOG Annual Conference. Other meetings are conducted by conference call or web based services.
Key MEFACOOG activities include:
- Resident and Postgraduate Fellow Research Awards and Grants
- Resident Reporter Scholarships provide an opportunity for residents to attend an ACOOG conference and potential article publication
- Resident Education Resources (OMM video curriculum, L3 for Residents quarterly learning modules, Online Research Training Course)
- Endowed lectureships for CME (Lifelong Learning for attending physicians)
- Support for Osteopathic Continuous Certification (Lifelong Learning, Practice Performance Improvement for attending physicians)
- Community Service Projects
- Fundraising events such as the ‘Evening with the Stars’ planetarium event, Monday Night Football, and Cirque Du Soleil
This is just an overview of the potential that exists with MEFACOOG. We welcome new opportunities, new leaders, and new ideas! If you are interested in MEFACOOG Board of Trustees service, please forward a statement of interest and a brief bio or CV to Valerie Bakies Lile, CAE by email to email@example.com or by fax to (817)377-0439 by February 1st.