This quality improvement project will use the 2019 HEDIS Prenatal Immunization Measures. Download the measures here.
- The total number of non-excluded deliveries where the patient received an influenza vaccine during the preceding 9 months; and
- The total number of non-excluded deliveries where the patient received at least one Tdap vaccine during the pregnancy (including on the delivery date); and
- The total number of non-excluded deliveries where the patient received both an influenza vaccine AND at least one Tdap vaccine during the pregnancy (including on the delivery date).
All deliveries in the measurement period for non-excluded patients.
- Patients with deliveries with a gestational age of less than 37 weeks; or
- Patients who are in hospice or using hospice services between 1/1/2020 and delivery; or
- Patients with known medical exclusions to influenza or Tdap vaccine, including known allergy or prior reaction.
COMMON NUMERATOR CODES
There is a large list of NCQA codes used to identify the services included in the measure. Please refer to please refer to the NCQA website at www.ncqa.org for a complete list. Below is a list of the most common codes.
ADULT INFLUENZA VACCINE PROCEDURE
CPT Codes: 90630; 90653; 90654; 90656; 90658; 90661; 90673; 90674; 90882; 90686; 90688; 90689; 90756
ADULT INFLUENZA IMMUNIZATION
CVX Codes: 88; 140; 141; 144; 150; 153; 155; 158; 166; 168; 171; 185; 186
Tdap VACCINE PROCEDURE:
CPT Code: 90715
CVX Code: 115